Instruction for Authors
The Journal official language is English, but will be accepted paper write in English or in Italian language. Every submitted papers must be written in the official language.
To submit an article, you must be registered to our website. To register go to http://www.sisogn.info/
The papers must be sent in electronic format through email@example.com
Then you will have to fill in a form. Once the article will be revised, you will receive the review outcome by email.
Papers considered for publication:
Letters to the Publisher, comments and discussions preferably on articles previously published in the journal. Maximum 2 typed pages, including not more than 5 quotations.
Original literature review, concerning, human reproduction, obstetrics, gynecology or neonatal are considered. Published papers become the permanent property of the Journal and may not be reproduced by any means, in whole or in part, without the written consent of both the Author and the Editor. Original short literature reviews have a word limit of 4000 words; however, exceptions may be made with the Editor in Chief’s prior approval.
You must submit:
- Title page. A Title page containing:
- Complete manuscript title (avoid abbreviations). Write in English and Italian language.
- Authors full name, academic degrees, and affiliation
- Corresponding author (Full name, address and mail address)
- Funding Statement (“No financial support for the research, authorship, and/or publication of this article was received by authors”)
- A short running head or foot-line of not more than 40 characters
- Covering letter – Manuscripts should be accompanied by a covering letter containing:
- “The authors declare that article is an original work”
- “The authors declare that the following article is not being considered for publication elsewhere”
- “All authors approve the content of the manuscript and have contributed significantly to research involved/ the writing of the manuscript”
- “All authors approve the submission of the manuscript”
- “All authors abide by the copyright terms and conditions of Società Italiana di Scienze Ostetrico-Ginecologico-Neonatali (SISOGN)”
Manuscripts –Please begin each of the following sections on separate pages: Title Page, Covering Letter and Manuscript.
The main manuscript file should be a DOC or DOCX document. The Manuscript to be write in double spaced and in 10 pt. font Century Gothic. Every font different from the standard ones have to be notified and delivered.
Please not number pages.
- abstract (Write in English and Italian language)
- key words in English (3-5 key words)
- text with Tables (at most 6 Tables) and Figures (at most 6 Figures) with the relevant legends. Please number and cite each Tables or Figure in the text in consecutive order by Arabic numerals, and supply a brief legend for each one. Every figure must be in the original format (.TIF o .JPG a 300 dpi).
The abstract, both in English and Italian language, should be of not more than 250 words and should state the purposes of the study or investigation, the basic procedures /methods, the main findings, conclusions and implication for practice. The abstract has to be followed by 3-5 key words preferably referring to terms listed by the “Index Medicus”.
The text of the article, should be divided into sections:
- Materials and methods;
- Discussion and Implication for Practice;
All in-text citations and the reference list must be APA formatted. The reference list must be double spaced in “Century Gothic” font. The font size is 10 pt.
References need to be current, published within the past 5 years, with the exception of classic works in the field. All in-text citations must be cited in the reference list. Examples of correct forms of references are given below:
Mauri P.A., Soldi M., Cortinovis I., Bertora F., Guerrini Contini N.N. (2017) Italian women who did not intend to breastfeed: A descriptive study. Breastfeeding Review. 22(2):13-23
Regalia A., Fumagalli S., Nelli E., Nespoli A. (2005) Pro-muovere il parto. La postura come procedura nel travaglio e nel parto. Carocci Editore.
World Health Organization – UNICEF. (2009). Baby-friendly hospital initiative: revised, updated and expanded for integrated care. Webside: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK153471/
(Last accessed 10 December 2018)
In the Manuscript write only first author surname (with “et al” – when this is necessary) and the year of publication into the round brackets.
It is requested congruence in bibliographic quotes.
Standard journal articles: list all the last names of the authors followed by the initial of the first names (not followed by dots), but if the number of authors exceeds six, give six followed by et al.
Please put a comma to separate the authors.
Abbreviations and units. Only standard abbreviations are to be used, please consult the “Council of Biology Editors Style Manual” or the “AMA’s Manual of Style”. Abbreviations in titles are not acceptable. They should be also avoided, if possible, in the abstract. In the text the full term for which an abbreviation stands should precede its first use in the text unless it is a standard unit of measurement. For quantitative data, the International System of Units (SI) should be used, except for blood pressure, which should be expressed in mmHg.
Peer Review Process
The review process is single-blind. This means that the identity of the reviewer is anonymous, but the author’s name and affiliation are on the paper. The editor in chief know the referees and the authors identities. Once the author has uploaded the article on the platform, the editor in chief delegates the article revision to one (or more) referees. Referees express their assessment and then the editor in chief will check and process the evaluations and send the outcome to the authors.
Usually the process of the article review can last from one to three months.
The corrections will be checked by the same referee that asked the adjustments. After the final approval, the publisher will create and send a draft of the article. If the authors approve the draft, the article will be published on the next issue.